Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Mondays suck.

Today, I heard back from three small, private schools: Pomona College, Sripps College (an all women-college), and Claremont Mckenna College. These schools are a part of the "5 C's" in Claremont.

Sean, my brother, actually ended up at one of the 5 C's. He is currently in his junior year at Harvey Mudd College. In my eyes, HMC is the best college out of these five, especially for my brother's major: Engineering. On top of that, over summer, Sean will be working in Seattle for Microsoft on a paid internship. It's safe to say that Sean is a god in my parents' eyes and I will never live up to their expectations.

 So when I opened my letters from Pomona, Scripps, and CMC, I began to tear up and these weren't tears of joy. I was wait listed to all three. I was now wait listed to a total of four colleges: UCLA, Pomona, Sripps, and CMC. This was just getting ridiculous.

 In some ways, I think it would be better to get flat out rejected so then I wouldn't be waiting on pins and needles for another month.

Colleges are basically saying, I'm good but just not good enough. I can only hope that Friday will hold better news for me when USC sends out their letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment